SPECIALIZATION : Veterinary and Animal Husbandry Extension
- Study of prevailing management practices vis-à-vis adoption of recommended technology by pig farmers of Aizawl District of Mizoram. (As PI: IRP-CAU/ Completed).
- Morphometric characteristics, reproductive and productive performance of local cattle(Zobawng)of Mizoram in fieldcondition. (As PI: IRP-CAU/ Completed).
- “Climate change impacts on hill agriculture in Northeast Himalaya: A socio-economic analysis” (As Co-Project Coordinator: ICSSR/Ongoing)
- “Evaluation of wild sunflower (Tithoniadiversifolia) as substitute of conventional feed ingredients for broiler in Mizoram” (As Co-Project Coordinator: ICSSR/Ongoing)
- Physical characterization of indigenous cattle of North East India (As Co-PI: DBT/ Ongoing).
- Rahman, S and Hazarika, P., (2001). Level of Job Satisfaction of Veterinary Field Assistants (VFA). Indian Journal of Social Research, 41(3); 137-146.
- Rahman, S., Hazarika, P and Ahmed N. (2003). Relationship between Socio-Personal Characteristics and the Job Satisfaction of Veterinary Field Assistants (VFA). Indian Journal of Social Research, 44(2):165-177.
- Rahman, S and Hazarika, P. (2003). Problems Perceived and Suggestions Put Forward by Veterinary Field Assistants of Kamrup District of Assam. Indian Journal of Social Research, 44 (4): 323-326.
- Rahman, S., Kalita, G., and Sarma, K (2004). Training Needs of Mizoram Farm Women in Pig Husbandry. Agricultural Extension Review. 16 (2): 11-14
- Kalita, G., Sarma,K., Rahman, S.,Rajkhwoa, T.K. (2004). Performance of broiler under agroclimatic condition of Mizoram. Pountry Line, 12: 23-26.
- Rahman, S., Kalita, G., and Sarma, K., (2005). Improved Dairy Practices adopted by Mizo Farmers. Agricultural Extension Review. 17 (3): 15-16.
- Rahman, S. (2005). Opinion of Students regarding Veterinary Education. Indian Journal of Social Research. 46 (1):63-69.
- Rahman, S., Kalita, G., and Sarma, K. (2005). A study on Pig Rearing Practices of Pig farmers of Mizoram. Indian Journal of Social Research. 467(1): 35-40.
- Barthakur, S., Sarma, K., Rajkhowa, T.K., Das, M.R., Rahman, S. (2007). Dilofiraliaimmitis in Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Parasitology 20 (2), 167-169.
- S. K. Barthakur, S. Rahman, K. Sarma.(2007). Prevalence of Gastrointestinal helminthes in pigs of Mizoram. Journal of Veterinary Parasitology, 21 (2), 173-174.
- Rahman, S., (2007) Adoption of Improved Technologies by the Pig Farmers of Aizawl district of Mizoram, India. Livestock Research for Rural Development, 19(1), Article #5. http://www.lrrd. org/lrrd19/1/rahm19005.htm
- Rahman, S. (2011). Sources of information utilized by the pig farmers of Aizawl district of Mizoram, India. Journal of Global Communication. 4(1): 67-72.
- Rahman, S. and Gupta, J. (2011). Profitability of Dairy Farming: A Comparison between SHG Members and Non-Members. Indian Journal of Dairy Science, 64(3):254-259.
- Rahman, S. and Gupta, J. (2012. Sustainability of Dairy-Based Self Help Groups (SHGs) in Kamrup District of Assam. Indian Journal of Dairy Science,65 (1):84-89.
- Rahman, S. and Gupta, J. Knowledge and adoption level of improved dairy farming practices of SHG members and non-members in Kamrup district of Assam. (Accepted in Indian Journal of Animal Research)
- Rahman, S. and Gupta, J. (2010). Sustainability of Dairy-based Self Help Groups in Guwahati City of Assam: an Exploratory Study. Review article.
- Sarma, K, Kalita, G. andRahman, S.,(2006): Zeolites – Its Effect on Livestock and Poultry Production,(Review article) Journal of Interacademia, 10 (1);132-144.
- Rahman, S., S., and Gupta, J., (2010): Extension Strategy for Sustainable Dairy Development. Agricultural Extension Review, 22(3): 374-380 (Review article)
- Gupta, J. and Rahman, S. (2011):Self Help Group in India: Impact and Sustainability. International Journal of Extension Education, 7:57-60. (Review article)
1. Sustainability of Dairy-based Self Help Groups: An Analysis published by Lap Lambart Academic Publishing, Germany . ISBN No. 978-659-51991-8.
2. Pig Farming in Mizoram: An Analysis Lap Lambart Academic Publishing, Germany . ISBN No. 978-659-51567-5